Following the spending review of autumn 2016, as of 30 September 2016 Lancashire County Council is no longer delivering a service from Lytham Library and it is now closed.
Any outstanding books and resources on loan can be returned to any other county council library.
Lytham library was built originally as a Mechanics Institute, including a small library of books and a reading room, and opened on 30 August 1878.
In 1898 it was extended to celebrate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, with the addition of a new reading room, gymnasium and classrooms. The extension was opened by the Duke of Norfolk.
In 1922 the library became part of the Municipal Borough of Lytham St Annes when St Anne’s on the Sea and Lytham Urban District Councils were amalgamated, then in 1974 the administration of the library was taken over by Lancashire County Council.
27 Clifton Street,
Lytham St Annes,